The Toyota Corolla Cross has just debuted in Thailand, and is being rolled out in other markets very soon. When i first saw this car, immediately i thought “hmmm… a baby harrier?”
If you look at the design of the car, not quite.
Being Toyota’s best selling car – the corolla has sold at least 48 million units since it’s inception in 1966. By adding a new model to the Corolla series to suit the growing demand of SUVs, the enhanced Corolla line-up enables customers to select the model that better suits their diverse lifestyles and life stages.
The new Corolla Cross was designed as a new type of SUV that combines sturdiness in the exterior, and utility in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
Utilizing the TNGA platform (GA-C), the Corolla Cross is able to achieve high-quality performance, a comfortable ride, and outstanding quietness, according to Toyota.
In addition to being very comfortable, the Corolla Cross provides a spacious cabin, easy entry into and exit from the car, class-leading luggage space, and safety equipment inherited from the Corolla series.
This new model realizes comfort, utility, and peace of mind for customers.
Key elements of the Toyota Corolla Cross :
The Corolla Cross frame is based on the TNGA platform (GA-C)
- A new torsion-beam suspension results in a stable, cushioned ride
- A spacious cabin and class-leading luggage space
- A relaxed side view hints at a spacious interior and underlines the car’s status
- An imposing and powerful front and rear
- Sturdy front fender molds underscore the car’s sense of energy
- The contrast between the rear fenders and the cabin results in an impressive rearview
- Curb weight of 1385 kg for the hybrid model, 1325 for the gasoline model.
A comfortable interior space
- Outstanding views and ample head clearance
- Class-leading luggage capacity of 487 liters (440 liters with the spare tire)
- The height providing easy access to the luggage space
- The large spacious door openings; this makes entering or exiting the vehicle easy even when carrying a child
- 1.8-liter engine for both variants
- 122 hp for hybrid, 140 for petrol
- 142 Nm of torque for hybrid, 177Nm of torque for petrol
- An elevated driving position contributes to a wide field of view, and helps minimize blind spots
- A class-leading minimum turning radius of 5.2 meters results in responsive handling
- Optimized suspension geometry and the use of large, soft bushings ensure that passengers in all seats enjoy a comfortable ride